Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Joy in having a servants heart

We all want to do BIG things, make a BIG difference, change to world!

Everyone is not called to be on the BIG stage. Some of us are called to do the small things, make a small difference in one persons life. In some ways I think this is a greater calling than being on the worlds stage. Being a friend who can listen, like Jesus listens. Be a giver like Jesus was. Be that smile someone needs today. Be that shoulder to cry on. Be that person who rejoices in the happy times, and prays all the time. We all can have a servants heart, all we have to do is ask.

This week I've met 2 young men who have given their lives to the Lord, both are in their late twenties, both are Ministers. I've listened to them preach. I've seen that God is using them in a mighty way! I don't know if they see it, I sure hope they do. I don't know if they know they are making a difference, I sure hope they do. I don't know if they understand what a blessing they are, I sure hope they do! To know you have a calling on your life, at what seems to me such a young age, and to follow that calling is nothing short of amazing!

As I have listened to the word this week, I began to pray for them. I began to pray what is the calling on my life. My life seems so limited because of illness. What can I do Lord? What difference can I make? What is your divine purpose for my life? A servants heart, be an encourager. Is this really a calling from God? I pray it is!

I just pray that the Lord will use me right here, where I am. Jesus said I am the LIGHT of the world, I pray Lord let me reflect that LIGHT like a mirror, let people see you when they look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment